5. The air was bitter cold as I stepped tentatively on the treacherous, ice-covered sidewalk. I steadied myself in a clumsy, jerking motion. "I hope he appreciates this," I grumbled. I was shopping for the one gift he wanted and I needed to brave the blizzard in order to pick it up. Snow blinded me and I ducked my head as the heavy flakes pelted my winter hat. I opened the door to the old shop at the end of the street. I hadn't really noticed it before, but he had said what he wanted most was inside this dilapidated building. The bell on the door tinkled as I yanked it open. What I found inside was almost indescribable.

When I walked In I saw the nicest hockey store I've ever saw in my life. The shelves were stocked with the nicest hockey sticks, the nicest gloves, helmets, skates and so much more.

I walked up the the counter and rang the bell, a man walked up to me and said,"Hi, my name is Doug, how are you today?". "I'm fine thanks, this is a pretty nice shop," I replied. The man smiled at me and walked over to the gloves, then he said," Is this something you would be looking for?". I did not know if I should get this for my cousin, then I said to the man,"Um, I don't think this is the thing my cousin would want for Christmas,".

So the man just turned the other way and headed off towards the sticks. As soon as we got there i knew this is what my cousin wanted for Christmas, I asked the man,"Is there any holiday deals on the sticks?" the man replied,"No our boss doesn't let us have sales, sorry. Would you be interested in the Reebok 11k, or the Sher-Wood T90?". I was still just standing there admiring all of the sticks, they had every new model. After I was done admiring the sticks I turned to the man and said,"I think I will take the Reebok 11K and the Sher-Wood T90 please,".

The man walked up to the shelf and grabbed the 11k and the T90, then he walked over to the skates. He looked at me and said,"Since you bought two of our best sticks you will be able to get one pair of skates for half price,". "I don't think I have enough money on me right now to buy skates too,".

The man took the two sticks to the counter and rung them through the till. The man looked at me and gave me the bill. When I saw the bill I was amazed both the sticks only cost me $200.00. So I grabbed the sticks and started off toward the door, the man yelled,"Have a nice day sire,". I turned around and waved to him.
That had to be one of the best hockey stores I've ever been to in my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment